Differences between the 1860 and 1882 Grand Cross Badges
1) The 1860 crown is wider than the height
2) The 1860 has a green center stone in the crown, the 1882 a red.
3) The suspension between the crown and badge is different. The 1882 is more massive.
4) Two “horizontal support bars” on each side within the "O's" between the cross arms on the 1882 version. A combination of one and two "support bars" respectively on the 1860 version.
5) The angle of the arms of the cross are different.
6) The 1882 Lion (to the right) has both feet on the ground compared to the Swedish made version to the left with only one foot on the ground.